Saturday, February 16, 2008

Money Makes The World Go Around

Have you ever thought about where you might be in 5 years? How accomplished you might be? or what you might want to be? Well I get to think about this question a lot, because I ask it pretty frequently on my other website BMXunion.com because well, imagine having a profession that if something goes wrong and you get hurt, your done, and you have to figure out what you want to do with your life. At least it is for professional sports, especially BMX since pro careers typically are short.

So I was thinking about all the things I like to do, and if I will be able to get away with doing those things in a few years. Then I got thinking, what am I going to do when I get done with school... Going for Business Administration basically allows me to do a large number of jobs. Then I got thinking, would I be married? would I want to be? What if I had a kid!?! It is a scary thought...

Then its like, what if something happens, my identity gets stolen or something and everything is taken from me? I mean I don't have much right now since I am a college student who rides BMX and doesn't need a lot of money to survive. But I mean you see the commercials all the time where people are telling you "buy this to protect your identity" ya know? But I don't see that happening I am just saying...

But then on the flip side I got thinking, with the way my life has been going lately I could end up doing something completely different! Ya know, like what if I won the lottery, or came into a huge sum of money that allowed me to just hang back and not have to worry? What would I do then? I mean... whoever said "It takes money to make money." was not lying. I know a company that two people came together to make, one was a veryu sucessful business owner, and the other was a very sucessful sales person. They took their money, started this company, and probably two months later they have over $1,000,000 in sales. That couldn't have happend if they did not have money to get it started ya know?

So maybe if I came accross some money I could do something bigger you know? So it's just weird how life can go... I mean I have always wanted to write a book or do something that would just leave my name out there long after I am gone that impacts the world.



That video kind of motivates me in a way. Think about it, the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, will. I don't know how I could change the world, but I think I can. I mean it's obviously not just going to be one of those.. "Hey thats what I can do" situations, but maybe right? I think that some people are meant to be that quiet person who just does what it takes to make it sucessful... but what if there is something beyond sucess? Like, Bill Gates is above sucess.. Or Lance Armstrong is above Sucess. Think about how common those names are? EVERYONE knows who they are..

What if I did that? I mean I am sure anybody could do it.
So that is my blog of the day. Were up to 3 readers now which is cool.

No comments: