Saturday, March 22, 2008

Swollen Lung Wall Bruised ribs and a collapsed lung

So the title maybe isn't the most appealing title in the world. However that is my life right now. The other night while practicing for a BMX contest I have coming up I crashed on my bike REAL good. I was in the air and took my hands off (a no hander) and on my way back down I grabbed with my left hand and wiffed with my right hand (I missed!) and came crashing down onto my chest.
So I felt very weird, my whole left side was in pain, I had gotten up and laughed it off because well, thats just me. Tried to ride around for a bit more and well nope it was too much. So eventually I make my way home, shower, change, and then make my way to the emergency room.... STOKED! psyche.. I am impossible to go to the doctor because I can usually just self diagnose what the hell I did wrong, but this time I felt like I had burst a valve on my heart or something haha.
So I get some X-rays and the doctor is like yeah,
"well your lungs and heart look healthy.. However, it would appear you temporarily collapsed your lung...."
Collapsed my lung? I would have noticed?...
"No, you would be surprised it isn't so bad if you got the other lung running and your in shape."
Okay... and what else?
"Your lung wall (a layer of liquid between your lungs and rib cage to protect them from you know, destroying each other) is swollen and that explains the pain when your trying to breathe.. Also you have 2 or 3 ribs that are bruised."
Okay, so... what do I do?
"Well, there really isn't anything you can do, just take some ibprofin and take it easy for a few days"
Awesome. I am glad I am not dying, however I am bummed I am paying so much for that haha (I didn't say that to him!)

So that is my exciting life.. It has been about 3 days since and I am feeling pretty good, Ironically my shoulder which I seperated a while back is on the left side, and well that hurts now too so I am concerned I might have goofed that up again, but whatever I am going to go with it and just move on like I always do with injuries.

So, that is my story for you.. the whole.. nobody who reads this crap.

No comments: