So have you ever fallen into something and realized you loved it. No, not falling in love. Falling into something, much like I have with my other blog. This one doesn't get read, I have already told you this multiple times. I would love it if this blog got as many hits as my other blog, but there is just too many different topics being covered on here for it to go anywhere. If everything was a niche wouldn't we all blog about it?
However, I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I LOVE writing, I always have had a thing where I wanted my thoughts and words to be seen and read, but it wasn't until after my interviews and everything on my other site really got booming. I mean averaging a few hundred to a few thousands visitors a day is some what of a shock to be completely honest. I started with an idea, and then before I knew it I was e-mailing tons of interviews out, talking about promo videos, getting advertising ideas, and just other projects to go with it. I never thought I would be making a career out of writing.
I am not making a career... yet. However, I want to and I know that if I just keep up what I am doing it will happen. I just need to accomplish the stats that the bigger websites make and I got it. Adsense is nice, but I am not going to be making a ton of money off of that with how much of a niche BMX is. I do know that if I got real advertisers I could focus 100% of my time (work time that is) on writing and updating with other projects, that I could make it.
How do these other people Blog as a Career?
I don't know what it is that gives people this ability to compell people into listening/reading what they have to say but I need to figure it out. I would love to be able to just sit and enjoy my time doing something I love. I want to be apart of so much and maybe writing is my key to it? I don't know.
Blogging is weird, because it is like opinions, everyone has them but few will listen. I need a loud speaker, ya know, something that just stands out and really gets peoples attention. Thats the tricky part.
Writing is amazing, journalism is amazing, marketing is amazing, seeing that with time your work pays off is cool.
If you have any advice, please, leave a comment and tell me how to get real advertisers outside of adsense!
At least for this site http://www.bmxunion.com
Thanks,
just another blogger.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Blog as a Career
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment