I had an interesting idea come to mind when I had went to change my AIM profile.
Yes, AIM profile. The original "Tell the world about yourself" thing that I sware myspace got their idea from. I was thinking about the past and how when I was a kid, well... when I was in middle school 6ish years ago (weird to think I have had AIM for that long) EVERYONE had AIM. The thing to do was produce this awesome profile that everyone looked at when they were looking at peoples away messages, or talking to you... You may or may not understand this if you are older, but it was legit.
I remember when at one point the cool thing was to do a shout out thing where you pretty much listed all your friends and people would see how many profiles they could get in. Drama arose from all this when people were getting mad because "I wasn't in so and so's profile! I thought we were like B.F.F" I find this quite funny thinking about this. Another thing was to do the "yo this is my girlfriend I love her" thing, which was weird because we were in 7th grade and I highly doubt most people even know what the hell love is now and I am almost 20. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL LOVE IS... but that is just because I am not the dateable type haha. I could lie and say I am some pimp... but that is too cliche.. wait, do people even say pimp anymore!?
WOW how times change.
BRB! LOL! WTF! I find these things to be really awkward to say, but in all reality I am apart of the generation who really originated this horrible english, however it has just been destroyed by the younger kids these days, holy crap! Have you ever seen text messages, conversations, or even writing in general by these kids these days! WOW! I feel so weird seeing that, it is like a horrible grammerically destroyed form of a new language similar to english. I actually find that crap hard to write, actually.. I occassionally throw out the WTF! just because I find it super funny from the David Blaine's Street Magic on Youtube. You know what I am talking about, we all have seen it.
If you don't recall or know. Check out the rest if you haven't you can watch as they slowly destroy this amazing thing they have by continuing to make more videos from the same characters. Seriously, taking things too far are terrible, it leaves a bad image on the good work that has all ready been made.
I am sitting here trying to think of more and more things from the past that were just so awesome when I was a kid.
Oh back to AIM profiles! The other cool thing to do was put lyrics from the cool songs, you know so people think your into the cool bands and know the words. That, or the song has a relation to your "life". I honestly believe I had no idea what my life was until like mayyyyybe a year ago? No, like mid summer last year. I had no idea what I wanted to accomplish in my life and now I feel like I have at least an idea right?
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Remember the days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment