So here is a story for you all that I feel will catch some people off guard.
A week ago.. and two days.. holy crap where has time gone!
okay a week and two days ago one of my best friends got married. At the very old age of 20. Yeah, 20 years old and married pretty crazy. I know it isn't the youngest legal age you can get married but really that is super young and uncommon.
So, a little back story to get this clear.. They had met about a year or two ago but were just friends, then a while back which the night I remember very clearly, myself, him, and two other friends went to her house and they hung out. It was the first time I had met the girl and wasn't aware there was anything going on with those two. I immediately called DIBS on her, which if you are unfirmiliar with the game of DIBS it is a legit way to claim a girl.
I will explain the game in my next post.
I should also mention my friend is in the Air Force and based in Washington, we are here in Minnesota. So these two kick it off and are spending A LOT of time together, which first off myself and another friend in our group were pretty bummed on because he was gone for about 6 or so months before all of this. However, there really wasn't much stopping those two they just clicked and had something.
After the leave he was on was up and he had to head back to his "job" haha we knew something was up between those two.
Eventually she went and flew out to his place out there and stayed a week, where he had proposed to her. Pretty wild..
The next few months are pretty crazy, he is off in Iraq, Europe, all over hell in his big planes and she is here working and getting a wedding planned.
Fast forward a few months and he is back in town. HOLY HELL! I was super excited to see him and blown away by what was about to happen.
So Saturday morning rolls around, I get all decked out in my clothes and stuff and head to the church. Before the wedding we were all waiting in a room just talking.
I asked him if he was nervous, and immediately he responded with "nope." I didn't respond, all I could think is "if he was nervous this wasn't right.. but he isn't so it has to be". So now they are married, they are heading back to Washington today to begin their life together, I say that today because the last week they have been around hanging out with family and friends getting treated amazing. It's the real world when they get back haha. I have no real worries, he goes on deployment in a few months for a few months. I know he will be fine, I know she will be too. It is crazy to think that is what it has become so quick.. I am not ready for this adult stuff I think.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Best Friends Wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment