Monday, June 30, 2008

DIBS

Dibs is a true American game. It is simple, and challenging. It is like baseball. It is like football. It is like soccer.
It just doesn't involve those kinds of balls.

Dibs is a game I wish I could say I invented, like nut tag (yes the game that involves asking people what the capital of thailand is and then responding with bangcock and wacking them in the junk...)
Dibs is a game that requires balls, it requires people skills, and doesn't require shyness or the fear of rejection.

The game itself is not biased by sex. However, guys tend to play this game and I have yet to know a girl who plays! The game itself is just a way of claiming what you see and what you like. Essentially it is like calling shotgun in a car but claiming a girl (or guy, hey I am not going to tell you what to be into) for yours to attempt to "woo" in a sense.

I spent the majority of the last two years playing this game daily, and well it has become an art. Basically here is the run down on points. 10 points per dibs, 5 bonus points if you yell it, 5 additional bonus points if you yell it loud enough for the person your dibsing(new word) hears it and looks and you point back at them. So you could potentially get 20 points per dibs.
With that, there is a possible for 20+ additional points depending on the number of people you dibs. For example, you see two smoking hot girls walking down the street, this is the perfect oppertunity to claim "DOUBLE DIBS!" where you have just claimed BOTH girls from your buddies. They are pissed, but thats too damn bad they are yours!
I have been known to quadruple dibs, and even more than that. If you have ever seen night at the roxbury, I actually had to slow it down once. Dibs.. 1 2 3.. Dibs.. 1 2 3.. dibs!.. yeah thats right. I am hardcore.

So after you understand the game here is the real challenge that involves these balls. Or whatever you have (I don't know what girls got.. well I do, but I don't know what they use for courage haha)
You can, and should, approach the girl. Not stalker creeper.. Just casually walk up and say whats up. Let them know you had dibsed them from a distance and that you were really interested in them. Either they will look at you very confused, at which point you pull out your laptop or cell phone with wireless internet and show them this post, or say something funny and work your magic.
If your good enough, you could pull a number, or atleast a name to find on facebook, maybe a date if your a champ.

Oh, I just remembered, it's an additional 2 points if you snipe a dibs. Sniping a dibs is a long distance call, you see a girl you can't really make out that well and call it. If they get close and are a keeper you get 2 additional points. However, if it ends up being a man with a pony tail thats negative points (your friends decide how in the hole you go) and your friends are welcome to point and laugh, call you names, and other rediculous things to rub it in your face that you are an idiot. Oh and your current points will be erased on the day so those negative points are legit. Sucks to be you.

Don't worry, I have dibsed multiple dudes with pony tails from a distance, it sucks, but you will live to see another dibs.
Essentially this game was invented to give a guy (or girl) an exscuse to show they are looking for some attention and are on the prowl for there next possible date. It is all in good fun and can be super entertaining if you are serious about it.

So go, enjoy it, spread the word. Feel free to post this all over your friends facebook and challenge them to a friendly game of DIBS.
Soon to be available in board game form, much like monopoly, but not as boring.

No comments: