Today was interesting... Not only do I get to update a site that gets 10,000 views a day which is a geek like myself's idea of a good time, but there was another thing. I went down to the skate park for what I figured would be a empty park for me to work on a few new tricks on my bike, and just in general do my thing practicing tricks over and over again until I don't think... I do.
So I roll up.. EMPTY! amazing.. doing my stuff... warming up.. getting loose.
I notice out of the corner of my eye.. a whole bunch of little kids coming around the corner. Oh geeze, there goes my fun. Some are on scooters, roller blades, and skateboards. The rest are running around screaming... Until I do a few tricks. I didn't mean to make a scene or anything, I just did my regular stuff and before you knew it there was 25 little mezmerized kids sitting there just watching screaming "COOL!" "RAD!" (I didn't even know little kids knew that word!) and so on. Finally the teacher asked me if I could do some more stuff for them, which I did.. The kids got pumped up. It was actually a really fun time. I had to laugh, I am on a bike, and the kids kept calling me "Tony Hawk" yes.. The professional skateboarder, not BMX rider "Dave Mirra" which would have been a little more logical haha.
Shortly after I got doing stuff, a few friends who skateboard showed up (luckily they have talent) and they joined in. That was nice because I got to chill a bit and the kids still were pumped up and that was good.
Sadly enough, I had to head home to eat, check my mail, write this apparently, and get ready for work. The kids were pretty bummed I had to leave, but it was funny watching 20 kids yelling "WHATS YOUR REAL NAME!!!" haha
So I roll away do one more big trick and I was done.. That was my excitement for the day. I like doing stuff like that.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Kids Screaming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment