Wednesday, September 17, 2008

College Study Skills

This actually has nothing about College Study Skills. Infact, it is Anti College Study Skills. I am actually writing on here instead of studying for the tests I have to take in the coming two days before I leave for Vegas.

However, my point of this post! I am not sure if what has happened lately is some sick joke or what. I don't get it, but I like it.
Ever since I had put in my two weeks notice at my jobs my life had felt less and less stressful until last saturday when they had come to a final end. After that, it got even better faster.
Maybe I should explain this one... I obviously have been stressing this trip to Las Vegas if you haven't noticed haha. The thing is though, I don't have to work as much anymore! It is so crazy. I can focus on my goals and get to them...
Just that's the thing, ever since then all these funny things have been happening.

For example, today while leaving school as I was making my way through the parking lot I had decided to pause and just watch as a car was backing out. Why would I stop to watch a car back out you say? Well, that is because on the exact opposite side of this row of parking spaces a car was backing out also. Oh yes, you know where this is going..

BOOM! haha. That is the funny thing about fender benders, they are always funny if you or your property is not involved. Why is it always funny to watch other people get hurt? (not seriously, just small things like tripping on the stairs)

The worse part about this is it wasn't exactly both peoples faults. I watched, with no ability to do anything about the situation due to my position, as one car realized what was going on and slammed on the brakes while the other car proceeded to go kaboom. How funny is that? Just like Dane Cook when he talks about the runner who gets hit by the car and all he can do is make a weird noise. LOVE IT.

Another funny thing that has happened is my new work. I know it was "beginners luck" or something but my first week at my new job was literally the most fun I had at work in dare I say it... years.
I got to drive a truck around a gravel parking lot with a drag for an hour or so leveling out the rough patches. Today I got to help as the rest of them demolished an old cement shed out in the feild (which I guess we weren't suppossed to take down anyways? whoops! wasn't my idea) I mean I did do work like sweep, vacuume, and wipe down trailers and insides of trucks, but that is easy work. I love how the time actually moves since I am usually doing something that is actual work, and not just waiting for something to get screwed up to fix it ya know?

Oh well, I like it and my life is a whole lot less stressful.. In fact it is just pretty entertaining to see where things will go as time goes on.

Hope you enjoyed this installment of randomness.

No comments: