This is going to be fairly obvious. Some recent influences on my life as of recently.
First of all maybe I should raise a question... Is it just me or as you get older does time go by faster and faster? I feel like I blink and it is a whole new week or even month now days. I don't get it!? I mean it is the fourth week of school already.. Yeah!? I sware I was just writing about the fact that school was starting and I wasn't sure how ready I would be. I mean don't get me wrong, I LOVE how fast school is going... I wan't it to be done so I can get off into the real world and make something big out of myself. Shit, I seriously can't wait.. These are suppossed to be the years you enjoy the most and I seriously do enjoy it, just I don't get all hammered on thirsty thursday or something. I do my own thing, you know this!
Let me get back to the point of this little blog of love. I realized with this time going on I have had some pretty impressive influences on my life, no matter what... Anything and everything that makes any sort of contact with you will impact your life.
For example, a very close friend of mine's (sp?) sister is going through a really really tough time with cancer. However, not once in the last 3 months or so have I ever once saw her upset, or angry. I should also mention for a while, including the day she found out, I was there almost everyday, and never once upset. I don't get it! When you are told about a condition like that isn't there a law that says you are allowed to be pissed and upset? I don't know.. All I know is that, that person has really greatly impacted my life lately. It has shown me that no matter how bad the situation might be, you need to be positive and happy. Don't get pissed about things that are out of your own personal control, just deal with it and make the best out of it. I try and put my stresses of life into perspective and then take a walk in her shoes. I don't know how I could ever be pissed off again, I really have no reason to be. I just pray everyday that it gets better and everything works out. I feel like her attitude should be a cure enough to get past this. Lets hope somebody out there gets that and does a little miracle work.
Speaking of that, this girl who has played a pretty big role in my life lately.. Even though I don't think she can handle believing that, I think so at least. She really has opened my eyes up to my abilities and pushed me to make sure I don't take them for granted. I mean I was pretty blind [note: I just spelled bling instead of blind] to some of my accomplishments. I am pretty modest, I was told that and it has stuck in my mind ever since. She really has thrown me out of my comfort zone and made me experience new things. I appreciate that and I am sure she doesn't even know it. Now we are a few hours apart due to school and it sucks because I know if there wasn't the distance things would be different. However, this is a good example of how life challenges people. Maybe someday it will work, maybe she will find somebody new. That I will never know, but I know I won't forget her. I just know that I am chasing my dreams and not giving up as easily as I used to. There are a lot of other things I don't think she even realized that I experienced because of her either. Simple things like going to the Zoo not involving school, or what it is like to go for a long walk in the woods with somebody else. Yeah, you get the point... I will save you the pain of me continuing. Plus, I doubt she will even see this haha.
The next big influence on me lately is my two best friends who have both been enlisted in the millitary. One for over a year, another for about two months now. I never realized how big of an influence these guys have been on me until lately. They really did get me to be pretty social and just have a good time. I have a lot of respect for the things they do. However, if I may say I do get pissed every time the one who has been in it for a while posts pictures on his Facebook of recent trips. I am beginning to wonder if the air force is just a new thing to be able to travel the world and make people think they are working haha. I mean honestly, since when is flying the President's car to Hawaii work? Okay, I am just bitter but whatever he got his ass worked and beat to get the priveledge so I will just take it. However, not a day goes by that makes me think about when they both will be back and we can go out or do something together again. With time flying it will be before I know it. At least that's what I would imagine.
This next one is very broad. BMX. Without the people involved with that would I be where I am today. I get together with my friends to ride bike and anything wrong with my day is replaced with laughs and good times. I am very greatful for the people who keep me motivated and know how to have fun on two wheels. I was super nervous about going to Las Vegas but seriously, I have been promised that I will have an amazing time more than 20 times so I can't imagine all these people will let me down. =) I am sure there will be a pretty awesome blog post about that trip. I am sure I will even do a little while I am bored the firs two days waiting for the rest of the people to show up on Tuesday. I love the feeling I get after learning a new trick, kicking my own ass, anything that has to do with it.. I love it.
Family, well this will be short. For all the shit that has happened it is still nice to have somebody there to tell me to follow through and just go out and experience the world. Experience the world I will do. At least that is the goal right?
There are so many more things that influence my life, I mean I come in contact with so many things everyday. I just think that it would kill you to have to continue to read this and get jealous of my life. Oh settle down, you know you aren't jealous. If you are let me know in the comments ;)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
The Influences of Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment