Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HTML

Okay, so as I was clicking "Publish Post" for my last post, I got thinking about HTML and all the sudden it reminded me of myself teaching myself HTML. However when I did this a few years ago, a lot of the other formats of HTML were less popular, like XML which is very commonly used on Blogger beta layouts.

So I was just thinking, and it was weird how I pieced together HTML as a 15 year old kid who had no knowlege of HTML, web design, photoshop, video editing, anything like that. I just taught myself it. Think about that, people pay tons of money at college to learn that stuff and because of the internet I just learned it like an independant study. So maybe if your sitting here going, how do you teach yourself HTML? I will let you in on my keys to sucess.

There are a few websites I visited quite frequently at the time when I was just starting out and I still go to on occassion now even to find something I cannot remember.
My first favorite is Web Monkey they have this really great Cheat Sheet that basically gives you all of the basic tags to work with. Then they got advance tutorials and how to's on a ton of other things, for example I am thinking frames and such right now.

The other website I used, not as often because at 15 or so I found it confusing was HTML goodies this was a great site for the complex codes I was looking to use or figure out. I think this was the site I learned how to use I- Frames and other things which are a pain in the ass trying to figure out the first few times.

The best part about these two websites is over the years they haven't changed a lot, I mean yeah there is new content but they are basically the same as they always have been.

For photoshop tricks and tutorials, thats just it, take that and plug it into Google and that is all there is to do, is go through the hundreds of pages and see tons of different things you can do, and replicate it in your own way.

For Adobe Premier for editing videos I did the same with Google, that was the best thing you can do, just take the version of your editor and put "how to's" or something in there and there will be hundreds of pages on tricks and tips it's real cool.

I kind of got side tracked on this so it ended up being not that exciting, but maybe those ideas will help you put together a solid website or blog.

No comments: