Dear Kurt,
Hello my name is Kim and I am a teacher at a childcare center in Rochester. I have 50 children ranging in age for 5-12 years old and different kids every day. I am planning this summer and I like to try to get special visitors to come in. I was wondering if you or anyone you know would be willing to come in and talk to the children about BMX like about the sport, how you learn to do tricks, practice, ect. I don’t have any dates in mind yet but I was just seeing if you or anyone you know would be interested in coming? If you could get back to me that would be great. Any questions please e-mail me at -
Thank you,
Kim
So, here I am.. staring at this e-mail asking myself, have a reached a point where my actions can change lives?
Have I reached a point where people find the things I do intreguing enough that they want me to explain and try and get more involved?
So obviously, I responded to this E-mail with a very postive yes. There is nothing more that I would love to do for those kids than teach them my life.
Except, as I laid there in my bed after reading that I got thinking about this, what else can I do that will leave an impact on these kids and help them make good decisions?
Well obviously I am going to tell them about BMX, and how I got into it and the different things I do with it. The safety things they should do like always wear a helmet and know your surroundings... But then there are these other things, like my choices in life, like for example, drugs and school. I have never done a drug in my life and I never plan to. I want to be able to show kids that without it they are capable of doing anything they could ever imagine. I want them to know that if anything they will appreciate having school in their lives more than anything once they are done with high school. I want them to be able to take lessons I have learned like wear a helmet because you never know when you will find yourself laying on the ground asking yourself how you got here and what went wrong and what was I doing to have this go wrong. I want them to know that just because they aren't good at basketball, or football, that they can be good at something. Nobody is the same person, nobody is perfect.
I want them to know that no matter what they will be capable of being whatever there dreams are and to not give up, because if there is a will there is a way.
I want a kid to be able to think back someday and say "that dude really knew what was up and he taught me something important"...
I cannot wait for this.
Friday, April 25, 2008
E-mail that caught me off gaurd
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment