Being rewarded for the things you accomplish in life are always cool.
The first real reward I remember getting was soccer trophies, I played soccer from kindergarden until 7th grade. I was never awesome, but hey I sure as hell knew what I was doing. I remember getting trophies for that, but I sware everybody did just because nobody wants the kids feeling like failures, but maybe that would teach some kids to try harder.
After that I got into football, oh yeah, 5th-8th grade I played, I got a few trophies in that too. I remember in 8th grade I broke my thumb right away in the season and had surgery, I came back two weeks before the championship game haha. I was still team manager or something when I couldn't play, and I played in the final game and got myself a trophy. Those were the glory days I tell ya.
Since then I have moved on to more, independant awards.
Last spring I won a video contest for making a video that highlighted something about the city I live in, the choice was the skatepark and the talent my friends and myself had, I blew the amature film makers out of the water (I have been filming and editing videos for about 5 years now I have over 50 videos on my YouTube page) so they didn't even know how they couldn't award me the win. I am going to try and do it again this year.
This is me, and my "o" face with my award, pretty niffty eh?
I am trying to think of other awards I have been given, I was a boy scout.. okay no, I was a cub scout. I was out of that after I realized that it wasn't all about shooting bb guns and making toy cars to race and it wasn't for me, but I had a lot of the awards for that. I guess.
I am finding this humorous to think of all these dumb things that have no meaning at all to you but make me think back a bunch, ooop! I thought of another.
I have a little secret, why is this a secret? Well... because I seriously have never heard of getting chicks because of this. When I was in elementry school, my friend had convinced me to join a childrens bowling league with him. Yes, little me in 4th grade, had my own ball with my name on it too. I think I still have it. I rocked, actually I am lying I was terrible. I sucked, I think I had like one or two 200 point games...Then again I was in 4th grade? I cannot even do that now! Well, I bet I could but I have a bad wrist so that stuff hurts to do. However, back to my point, I think I had accumulated about 10 trophy/medalian things like the dudes in the olympics get over the course of the two years I was in the league.... I actually kind of miss it now that I think of it.
Yes, you have been reading this garbage.
Want some advice? Here it is, think about your past and realize all of the things you have done or accomplished over the years, it will bring up some interesting memories that will trigger other memories you had forgotten and some how caused your brain to release and remind you.
Getting old sucks, it is 12:09 and I am tired and ready to crash. Then again it isn't 9 or something but still! I remember I used to be able to stay out till 4 in the morning and I would just be getting tired haha.
"And I'm Staring Down The Barrel of a .45" ... I am listening to .45 by Shinedown, yeah shut up! It is a sweet song, and NO I am not going to kill myself, I could never do that, I am too happy of a kid to even consider it.
However, I did laugh my ass off the other day, you know those damn emo kids! all right they try sooooo hard to be independant and different from everyone else, but I was at work and one girl came in, then 20 minutes later another one of them came in and I thought it was the same girl as the first time! They don't look any different and funny because that was their main goal in the first place.... DAMN EMO KIDS!
I am going to post a second post momentarily.. get stoked I thought of another blog post!

No comments:
Post a Comment