Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fear or Not

It is fun to find your biggest fears in your life... It isn't funny when people know them and use it as a way to attack you for entertainment.
...
Okay, it is funny I can't deny that.
My biggest fears have always been really weird for the weirdest reasons too. Well, maybe not weird. Why do I second guess myself so much? Okay.

So, one of my bigest fears is snakes.. SNAKES ON A PLANE! wait.. shit I wll explain that later.
I don't know what it is about snakes but they scare the crap out of me. Maybe it is the fact that a lot of them are capable of killing with poison, or that they can wrap themselves around you to kill you, or that they are just gross and weird that scares me. I don't really know, I just know when I see them I get shivers down my spine thinking about what would happen if there wasn't glass or a T.V between myself and that particular creature.

I don't know if I am actually scared or that I just never have really had a reason to attempt this next one. Flying.
I have never flown before, for a few reasons, most that are just too personal for me to write it down here. I just have that "what if" fear where my mind thinks about possible outcomes for anything I do. However, September 21st I will fly for the first time and I can check it off my lists of things I might be afraid of but never done, I hope I am not scared haha. Oh, and the snakes on a plane thing. Think about that mix, planes and snakes.. I would be a disaster haha.

A stupid fear of mine that I guess is a personal issue/common issue is that fear of being alone. I have never really been one to open up to people in the form of relationships ever just because my lack of trust. My lack of confidence. My lack of a lot of things has always prevented that one and it had always made me question how I am going to end up NOT alone. I guess that one is all I can do is hope for the best right?

Roller coasters... Oh man people don't get me for this one. "How can you ride BMX, jump in the air, do all those tricks, but be afraid of a roller coaster!?".. Well, I figured that one out. I have this thing where if I am not in full control over it then I will always have this uncontrolable urge to do anything in my power to control it. If that even makes sense? For example, when I am driving with somebody and they are one to be a little slow on the brakes and almost a little "wreckless" I tend to push on the floor like I am trying to push on the brakes. I don't know why I do this, I just do. I just like to be in control I guess. My other reason is, how many times have you heard stories of stuff like that failing. Once again, my mind just playing out situations that don't need thinking about haha.

Failure. Everyone fears failure, it is inevitable that at some point in your life you have failed. I know I have failed plenty of times but I am looking more down the road. I know I will do something cool just because I know when I am at a dead end and get out of it if it doesn't work. I just hope I can find a real job that pays real good and doesn't allow me to fail at life.. I don't want to be broke! I am going to college for a reason.. I hope. Haha.


I really can't think of too many other things I am afraid of. I am sure there is a whole bunch more but it just doesn't click for me right now. Maybe someday I will be able to add to this list. Who knows, maybe someday I will be able to remove some from the list haha.

No comments: