Sunday, September 7, 2008

How to get people arrested

This is strictly just a funny story, it wasn't intentional.. It just happend and I am not making this up... How could I make this up!

So the other Friday night my buddy and I had gone to St. Paul to meet with a few of our friends to ride some BMX on the University of Minnesota campus. You know, doing our tricks and hitting up spots. Watching underage kids run abroad hammered and out of control. Wow, I am only 20 I feel like I am a 30 year old talking here.
Okay, back to my story.

So we are cruising along, flying past Frat Row where there had to be about 2,000 people partying. We notice when we come down a street a little "arguement" between a guy and his girlfriend I would imagine. There was another girl with them.
We hit up a spot for a few minutes then notice this guy and two girls pushing their car with the emergency flashers on down the road.
Being the nice people our group of about eight was, we offer to help. We are pushing the car along and somebody notices a cop turning the other way just a little ways down the street.
Without thinking we start waving down this cop thinking he could use his brush guard to push or do something to help this guy and girls out... Or not.
The guy starts getting a weird awkward look when we start waving the cop over, and he ditches the car and runs. The car goes rolling on by itself and the fun begins.
The cop turns on his lights, jumps out of his car and chases this guy down! He catches up to him and tackles him on the ground.. "What the police brutality!?"... Nope.

Turns out this dude was in a little trouble already, on the warrants list. Instantly this guy is in cuffs, along with the two girls.

Then back up shows up, but here is the kicker. 4 different cop cars came to the scene, but everyone of them didn't have their lights on and were not speeding at all until they got to the street. They then turned on their lights, FLOORED it down the street for 3 seconds, slammed on their brakes, and got in on the party. It was so funny. The cops apparently wanted to make it look like they were "urgent" or something.

Eventually the cops pull out the dog, and let him go to town on this car.. Sure as shit, there was a reason they did this. The car had drugs in it.
The guy is taken into a car, the girls are too. The cops don't say a word to us even though if it wasn't for us they would have turned the other way and probably not even made the arrest.

You can't make that up and I wish "Cops" was on location filming! haha

No comments: