So, recently my life has been changing a lot.. If you read my posts below you would know this.
However, what I am blown away about is how things are slowly falling together in ways I never expected. Atleast in a sense relating to work.
I have worked only 3 real places before. A bike shop, a Pac Sun, and a Athletic Club (fancy name for a gym). I recently (2 weeks ago) put my two weeks notice in at Pac Sun and the club. I haven't worked at the bike shop for over a year now.
A year ago I started my website, no not this one... This one. It has grown pretty steadily over the last year and it is a great accomplishment for me. In the process I had been offered a job as a contributor/content updater for another website and I have been super stoked on that. I didn't think it would get much better than that. Except, it has. Today I recieved an email from a guy who has some power at a media network. I can't say what one yet, just because I don't want things to fall through and then look stupid haha.
I am pretty excited about this just because in the last year I really have grown a greater appreciation for writing. I by no means think I am this amazing writer. I just really like to do it while knowing a lot of people are reading it. Maybe it is just the fact that I like to entertain or get reactions of peoples thoughts towards my work.
I would kill to make a living as a writer. I mean sure, I obviously won't be rich doing it, I just enjoy doing it and it makes sense when I think about it as a "career" type thing. I guess that is one thing I never really knew I would get a shot at. I grew up reading other peoples work and wondered what it would be like to write, and now I am getting a few chances. I really hope I keep getting these chances.
That is all that is on my mind right now. I don't know if this was really worth your time to read to be honest. I guess if you made it this far you really can't take back the time you lost. Sorry haha.
Monday, September 8, 2008
When it rains it pours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment