Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Laughing like your on fire

Where the hell do I come up with these titles? "Laughing like your on fire"? Really? Don't ask, I don't know.
I have been thinking about funny events that have happened to me in my life. It is weird when you get a idea of thinks you would like to remember, what will come up first.
For example, I was trying to think of a funny story, and the first thing that came to mind was from two winters ago.
Two of my best friends Josh, and Bryan were on this adventure. Living in Minnesota you learn to deal with snow. You learn how to drive in the worst of conditions and it usually makes for good times. This particular night was insane, something like 2 feet of snow fell. We first of all went to a movie... It was the Reno 911 movie haha. After we got out we had heard of some good parties on the far other side of town at our colleges "dorms". Rochester is a pretty big city, something like 50 odd miles around? Whatever, so we are on this trek accross the city. It first takes us about 20 minutes to get to Bryans house, about 3/4 the way to our final destintion.
This is when the storm really gets bad and of course Josh and Bryan decided they wanted to drink. So I was left up to be bus driver or should I say truck driver.

We venture back out into the snow and hop in the truck. I am driving, Bryan in the middle, and Josh at the window spot. We begin driving and it is litterally hell, we almost didn't make it up Bryan and Josh's street. We got there, then got out onto this main highway that is down hill the whole way to our final stop.
We get going and of course I cannot see the road. The road is covered in snow and it is coming down so heavy that there is no visability. Josh decides it would be proper to stick his head out the window to navigate.
I still remember this so clearly.. Josh peeks his head back in and drunkenly informs me "Dude, I think we are driving down the highway in the ditch?" Oh, how epic. I instantly realize where I am on this two lane road (4 lanes total) and get back on our road.
It took us 35 minutes to travel 2.5 miles that night. Full-speed ahead with nothing but laughs. I will never forget that night.

The drive back was even better..

Sure this story had nothing to do with fire, but it did have a lot to do with laughing.

No comments: